Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Design Plan for Photo Essay

Gordon Miller
Dr. Wielgos
                                             Design Plan for Photo Essay

           
Medium:  For this photo essay I will be using either prezi.com or PowerPoint for my medium. Prezi.com is a fun and creative way to show slideshows by using shapes like circles or squares. Also, it has a variety of fun backgrounds to use absolutely free. My ladder, PowerPoint, is a rather better alternative because it is what most people are used to. Plus, there is much more options to choose from and it is also free.

Arrangement: My arrangement will consist of multiple photos. To switch things up, I was thinking of shooting everything in first- person. I want to do that because I think it is unique photography and also it will be easier to follow through the story line. Secondly, the narration will consist of both captions and a paragraph on each slide. I will have a narrative on the first slide, and captions will be underneath each photograph.

Strategies: As I explained in my statement of purpose, my essay will argue that video gaming during school days distracts students from their education. I will use target segmentation so my essay will be easier to follow. What I mean is, by targeting a certain group, which will be my section mates in Pope Hall, will make my argument easier to pertain to.  Ill be taking pictures of: us playing video games, not being able to sleep, distracted from doing homework, how many game systems there are, etc.
Ethos- I need to show the importance on why gaming during the school days is distracting and show the outcome of it. From personal experience, I know gaming distracts education and I need to get my peers to see that I truly do know what I am talking about.
Pathos- To clarify, my thoughts on this topic are personal because I can relate to this matter. I claim this topic to be used with serious emotions, as it is a serious topic to write about.
Logos- I will be as serious as possible and reason with logic to the greatest extent.



No comments:

Post a Comment