Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Statement Purpose- Argument Synthesis


Gordon Miller
Dr. Wielgos
College Writing 2

                                                              Statement Purpose
Purpose: I want to argue that college doesn't just teach you study skills, but also a utility for life skills through experiences, curiosity, mistakes and failures. College is a place to discover yourself and apply what you have taken from it, and utilize in in your everyday life, including work.

Audience: My audience will be anyone that uses cynicism as a belief that you have to go to college knowing what you have to study in order to get a good job immediately after college.

Context: I will use this argument to explain my perspective on what college means to me to any skeptics and why I chose the side I did.

Statement of Purpose:
I want to argue to anyone that believes that college only gives education, not life lessons. College is a place to discover yourself through experiences, curiosity, mistakes and failures. I will use this argument to explain my perspective on what college means to me to any skeptics that think you have to predict what the future will be like and base your education around your prediction.



1 comment:

  1. In recent years with the introduction of tuition fees university positions are becoming increasingly hard to secure. With more A Level students than ever before applying for university the UCAS personal statement is now more important than ever. sop for mba admission

    ReplyDelete